Cannot get extent connection. Failed to restore file from local backup
When I got into the office this morning, I noticed that on particular copy job hadn’t done its` job over the weekend. This particular job copies the daily restore points to a separate scale-out repository and enforces the GFS scheme that’s been set.
The job report displayed
Not that much to go on if you ask me. First, I checked to see if all extents in the repository still had enough room, this was the case. While I was doing that, I verified that all my proxies were still up and running. Before heading to my good friend Google, I decided to remove the copy job restore points from the configuration.
After this, I did a rescan of the repository and retried the job. It ran without a hitch, a nice and easy fix 🙂 I hope this won’t become a common thing, time will tell.